This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
In case you haven’t heard, some of the Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest credit cards have been updated and rebranded. These new (and maybe even improved, depending on your spending habits) credit cards come with several new perks while still offering some of the value that they previously held.
To complete the Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest merger, these two hotel giants have launched these cards. Marriott had a strong partnership with Chase while Starwood had a solid deal going with American Express, which is why the two still co-exist (albeit under different names). American Express will continue to handle the Marriott premium and business cards while Chase will carry the torch for personal and no-fee Marriott cards.
Chase’s Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
Marriott and Chase are launching the brand new Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card. The new Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card is replacing the premium Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card.
Silver Elite benefits mean you can enjoy free in-room premium Wi-Fi at Marriott Bonvoy properties. You also get 10% bonus points on stays, priority late checkout, and no blackout dates on free night awards. You also have access to exclusive experiences.
Additionally, Chase is giving cardholders the opportunity to save money through Chase shopping partner discounts. Inside the Chase mobile app, you can link shopping offers to your card to help you save money. You can also lock or unlock your card from inside the app. The card itself is also contactless.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card also shares its name with the new Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program. The new streamlined loyalty program replaces the existing Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest rewards programs.
Besides this exciting new card, Chase and Marriott are planning another new co-brand Marriott credit card expected later this year. If you are a Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Credit Card cardholder, you can continue to own this card but expect to hear more information soon.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card
The Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card is being replaced with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card. You will still be able to earn plenty of points at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties and the 15 free night award benefit. Plus, you can continue converting hotel points to airline miles.
Other Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card benefits include:
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. This limited-time offer ends 4/24/2019.
- 6X points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 3X points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2X points for all other eligible purchases
- Up to $300 in Marriott Bonvoy statement credits annually for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. The award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at participating hotels (note: some hotels have resort fees)
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- $100 Marriott Bonvoy property credit — book direct using a special rate for a 2-night minimum stay at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® and get up to $100 in credit for qualifying charges
You also get access to Priority Pass Select which offers access to over 1,000 lounges in over 120 countries, regardless of which carrier or class you are flying. Additionally, you receive either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 credit for TSA Pre-Check.
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card has its own set of benefits including a welcome offer of 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points. You can also redeem Marriott Bonvoy points for flights or car rentals with Air+Car across hundreds of travel partners around the world.
Further details of the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card:
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Formerly the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express, the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card comes with the ability to earn points on purchases specific for your business needs.
This rebrand is one of the last steps in the Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest merger. With Bonvoy, you can earn and redeem points at Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, and Starwood Preferred Guest properties. With over 6,700 properties to choose from and all the free night award possibilities, there are plenty of opportunities to plan a long getaway.
Link to learn more and apply: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express® Card
Link to learn more and apply: Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® CardThe comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.